Friday, August 27, 2010

Time Flies When You’re Busy!

I’d like to think that time flies when you’re having fun, and I was having fun, but I was busy too. I’ve been thinking (sound the alarms!) about new things I can do with this blog to make it what I want it to be. Since I’m not nearly as hilarious as I’d like to be, making it funnier isn’t really an option, as I think that would fall flat. So there are a few things I’d like to do, and hopefully they will work out well.


One of the first things I’d love to work on is compiling a list of all the brands of nail polish out there. It’s very daunting, as there are literally hundreds, and probably thousands of brands, and many are only known in small areas. So, I’ll probably work on starting that page, and have to rely on other kind folks to help me. If possible, I’d also like to include links to the brands’ websites, or color charts, and maybe even where to buy them online… though that might be a difficult task. If I can manage to organize things well enough, I might even be able to list the brands by country. I guess we’ll have to see how that goes. I know I saw a list somewhere, but for the life of me, I can’t remember where. Eesh.

I’d also like to see about doing some posts that explain various aspects of manicures (and pedicures too). For example, Lacquerized has a fantabulous post about the different nail polish finishes that I’d love to re-write in my own style (crediting her of course) and post here as a reference as well. The Lacquer Files has an awesome stamping polish database, and I’ll link to that for people who love to Konad as much as I do.

In addition to those, I have some ideas for tutorials that might be interesting for folks to see. From some basics to get started to some more interesting info, and some nail art, I’m sure I can come up with some fun things. I don’t have any great talents or anything, just a love for all things nail polish, and hopefully that could translate into some interesting tutorials for others to see. Well, I’m going to paint up my nails for tomorrow’s transports, and then get some more sleep. I could get used to this sleeping thing!

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.