Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Taking one day at a time.

I've always been fond of the quote, "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several attack me at once." These last few days, I've found out just how true that can be. The weather changing is making both The Mate and I very sore, the critters have been extra demanding, I had more than one transport run this weekend, and the fatigue has been extra harsh lately. Sometimes it's hard to keep up with life, and my life is pretty easy compared to some others.

My psoriasis flaring has really put a damper on a lot for me. It's difficult to do almost everything, which of course includes cleaning. I'm not living in total filth, but I certainly don't have an immaculate house. With all the critters, fur is always all over, we have litter boxes in most rooms (which aren't horrible, since they are bins, but they are there), and there are a lot of little cosmetic things that really need to be fixed around here. Add to that having too little space for our stuff, and me not being the best organized person ever, and it's just a bit overwhelming. It might not be so bad if I could start at one end of the house, and organize and clean really well, but by the time I get to the second room, the first one is already in need of cleaning again, and I wind up just getting the minimum done. I'm wondering if hiring a service to come in and help me really organize would help.

I think the most important thing for me to work on right now is getting the ugly brown carpet out of the living room and hall, and getting our wood floors down. Of course, that includes moving the pool table downstairs, so I have to clean the family room down there and make room for it, and then figure out how to move something so heavy. Then I will really need to get some decent curtains for the living room, and it's going to need to be painted. Those won't be so bad though. The second really important thing is the kitchen floor. Some of the tile has peeled up, and it looks awful. We haven't even decided what flooring to use yet, though I'd love to go with something like slate. Part of the problem there is that we are also trying to decide if we want to do any remodeling beyond replacing the cabinets, and that will make a difference on what flooring to use.

Well, sitting here typing is not going to get my chores done, and it certainly isn't going to make any decisions for us, so I guess I'd better get off my butt and do something productive. Maybe later I can post some nail polish pictures or something fun like that.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.