Saturday, May 8, 2010

A sad day in our home.

Well, the decision has finally been made that Missy is probably going to be better off in a new home. As much as I hate to admit it, the stress of her fighting with Jessie is affecting everybody, especially her. So now the search will begin for a reputable rescue that can take on a lovely dog who apparently hates black fluffy dogs. Or maybe just this one black fluffy dog. Some graphic pictures are in the rest of the post.

It started as something we thought we'd be able to work with, but after the latest few battles, we're finally admitting we are in over our heads. The most recent fight resulted in yet another vet visit for Missy, and her eye was SO close to being bitten again that it scares me. Just take a look:

This is just a few minutes after it happened.

And the next day it looked like this.

I feel so guilty, but I was trying my best to keep them apart. This time, she saw Jessie as I was going into the other bedroom to spend some time with her; she jumped the gate and barged through the door to attack her. In splitting them up, I managed to get a tooth in my leg as well, though it was completely unintentional. It could have been so much worse.

Yes, I know I am a big dork for taking pictures, but I do that a lot anyway. I figure if I'm going to blog about stuff, the ugly stuff will get in there as well as the pretty.

So, I'm going to have to get in touch with some rescues, and see what I can do to provide Missy with a stress-free home. It hurts, but I have to do what's best for her.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.