Sunday, September 5, 2010

MAC Jade Dragon, Ming Blue

I was sleeping quite well, and then Missy woke me up, and now I can't sleep, so you get to see pictures. I ordered MAC's Jade Dragon and Ming Blue the day they became available, because I thought they were just too awesome not to. It was a splurge for me, because I generally don't do that, especially right away, but it was worth it. They are both GORGEOUS. Fair warning though, they stain your nails pretty heavily. That's fixable though, so I don't mind. Let's take a peek.

Of course, obligatory bottle picture.
Look at all that awesome shimmer! You can click on any of my images to see them bigger.

Because I couldn't decide which one to wear first, I actually did a manicure with Jade Dragon on my left, and Ming Blue on my right. It made me happy. Here's Jade Dragon.

And check this out, up real close.

I'm not quite as good at painting my right hand, but I manage okay, so here is Ming Blue.

This one is equally pretty up close.

Because I wanted to leave them on, I added some embellishments from my Viva La Diva sampler pack. I'll try to do a full review of those at some point soon.

As I said, these stained my nails quite a bit... and I'll even show you my bare nails so you can see what I mean.

So, I decided to experiment with a couple ways to remove stains. On my left hand, I soaked my nails in warm water with a 15 minute whitening denture tablet. Then I scrubbed them with a nice sugar scrub. On my right hand, I soaked them in a mix of warm water and hydrogen peroxide. Then I scrubbed them with a regular liquid soap. Here's how they looked after.
So, both worked pretty well, but the denture tablets smell minty, which I love. Hee.

I've also got about a billion pictures from my last two transports to share, and more nail polish pictures as well. I'll probably slip in and post a few times during the day tomorrow, in between other chores.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.