Tuesday, September 14, 2010

These Dogs Are Safe.

It's time to share with you some pictures of the dogs that I was involved in helping make it to safety this past weekend. I can't think of a much better way to spend the anniversary of the 9-11 attacks doing something worthwhile. Unlike many other bloggers, I didn't make a special 9-11 post, mostly because it's rather personal to me (I had moved to NYC ten days before it happened, The Mate lost many many friends, and I'm still fairly affected by it), and because I just couldn't put my feelings into words. Anyway, here's the first set of pictures I am sharing with you from the transport.

These are the dogs that did not ride with me this trip. I'll start with Winnie.

Here are Winnie and Lady, awaiting their turn to walk.

Lady was completely entranced with smelling the grass.

She didn't want to look at the camera at all.

She wasn't too sure about Mac, who was a gorgeous big boy.

Doesn't he look pitiful in his crate?

Lexie was a sweetheart too.

She enjoyed sniffing around as well.

This is Luke, who just went through Heartworm treatment, or is in it, I'm not sure.

Thea is a Weimeraner mix.

Here's Star, the Treeing Walker Coonhound.

And now we meet Chelsea.

She's a pretty English Setter mix.

This is Ray, who is far far too thin.

He's also blind, so getting him to safety is a great thing.

The other six dogs who made it to safety rode with me, and I'll share pictures of them in the next post.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.