Monday, March 19, 2012

Sunday Swatches - Maybellines

Well, technically it's still Sunday to me, even if it's after midnight. But until I go to sleep, it's still Sunday in my book. And I want to share the swatches of the lovely Maybelline colors I picked up a while back. So let's just get right to them!

The first one I've got is Be Seen In Green. It's green, but seems to lean towards the teal side of green.

It's got just the tiniest hint of shimmer to it, almost like a secret shimmer. 

This one is two coats. 

Next up is Cool Couture, unfortunately with a hair on the middle finger. This one is three coats, but two might have been okay.

This is a lovely grey with blue shimmer. 

I love colors with contrasting shimmer in them.

Third for today is Gold Accessories. It's a four-coater that built up very nicely.

This is my favorite in the collection, which should surprise nobody who knows me.

It's a cooler gold, so should be pretty wearable for a lot of people.

The next polish is Mauve Accents. I suppose I should mention that for all of these I used the Julep Nail Therapy base coat, and no top coat.

This is three coats, though you could probably do two and be fine.

I'm reminded of an OPI from the France collection, but I can't put my finger on the name. I'll probably remember it after I've hit publish and crawled into bed. Haha.

The next lovely color in this collection is Notorious Navy. Here's my #2 of the collection, I just love the way it looks. 

I did three coats, but again, two would probably be enough. It's gorgeous.

I bet this one would look really awesome with a matte top coat.

The last one in this collection is Purple Trend. This is two coats.

The blue shimmer in this is what sets it apart from lots of similar purples.

It also flowed on the nail pretty smoothly, which they all basically did.

All in all, this is a very lovely collection, with something for everybody. The colors are very wearable, they all applied easily, and covered completely. Which one is your favorite?

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.