Friday, April 23, 2010

More Randomness

Today seems like a good day to showcase some more of my random artsy fartsy nails. I'm still pretty wired up, so I've been kicking some butt on things I need to get done.

First up, one of the graduated manicures I enjoy so much. This one wound up looking a lot like I had bloody nails though.

This one is better, and I really enjoyed the compliments I got on it.

Light to dark is fun for me. I did this one by adding white to the dark shimmery blue to wind up with the light blue. The white really muted the shimmer.

And light to dark again, this time white to black. With a little stripe to make it basically a funky french.

And as long as I had the base color, why not do a fade from blue to yellow the same way for the stripes.

This is one of my "do it quick" manicures, just to make sure there is something on my nails.

Two different teals, both metallic.

This is one of my favorite manicures ever. I painted the flowers by hand on this one, and used a dotting tool for the dots.

I thought this was kind of fun, though it's probably too busy for most people.

With this one I was aiming for obnoxiously bright. I think I got there.

This is hands-down one of my favorite manicures ever. I used rub-off decals from the craft store for the notes.

And this picture is ever so special because it's me and my daughters posing our hands for a picture. They like doing their nails about as much as I do.

I'm always looking for further inspiration for my nail art ideas. I like trying to do things I haven't seen done before. And I love trying out new ideas I find on blogs and such. Well, I better get back to work. If I can wear myself out really good, then I'll sleep well tonight and be rested up for the two transports I've got this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. i just love your manicures, maybe you should show your pedicures sometimes, do you know where to get the konads, im interested in them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.