Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Several dogs I've transported.

Today I thought I'd share some pictures of dogs that have hitched a ride with me on the way to rescue or their fur-ever homes. I always try to get pictures, but often there just isn't a lot of time, or the pictures don't turn out. There are so many dogs and cats in shelters that will be euthanized if they can't get out, and it's important to me to do what I can to help. I can't really adopt any more animals, we're quite full as it is, and as much as I'd like to save them all, it isn't possible. But transporting gives me a chance to do SOMEthing, rather than bemoan what I can't do.

Each and every dog we transport is special, even if it sometimes seems as if they blur together. Even if we don't get much of a chance to play with or love on these dogs, they are each wonderful critters.

This is Starr.

Here is Lilly.

Now let's meet Jed.

Dalton slept most of the way, which made it easy.

Channing and Zoey were in the crate for their ride.

Chanel wore herself out playing, and napped comfortably.

Art kicked back, riding shotgun.

Barney napped happily in the back of the Jeep.

Sonny was excited the whole way, and spent most of it in my lap.

Cocoa, Falina, and Jellybean got the run of the back end of the Jeep, and had a blast on their trip.

And sometimes you just can't help but fall totally in love, like when Sweeney slept in my arms for an hour and a half while I drove.

From here on out I'm going to try to post after each transport, with more details. This is near and dear to my heart, as I really do love animals. I would highly encourage anybody who is looking for a companion to go through a rescue or shelter.

1 comment:

  1. Awww they just melt your heart.

    Michy I will try to read more of your blog later.

    Debbie CNY

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.