Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Whole Year Already?!

Wow, I can't believe I've been playing around with this thing for a whole year now! I've been kicking around a lot of ideas, and I think I'm going to move this blog more towards the polish area, and start another with more of the animal details. So, I set up a new blog with WordPress on my site over here. Right now it's one testing post, and I'll have to work on figuring out how to configure it all and so on, but I'll be moving my animal transport pictures over there. And probably all my critter posts. We'll see if I can keep up with TWO blogs! Muahahaha!

So, considering that, I'm going to post a bunch more swatches here today, and then hopefully get caught up on my transports over there. I hope you'll bear with me as I get organized and figure out exactly what I'm doing! Let's look at some polish now.

These are a set of four Playboy polishes that I picked up at Big Lots. Yet another example of polishes with no name (I don't know why that irritates me so much). These are not very high quality, and the brushes were rather jacked up, so I probably wouldn't buy them again if I saw them. But the colors are pretty, if rather typical.

I suspect I'll use these for frankening, since the colors are decent and it might be fun.

Now we'll move on to a few Avon swatches. This is Jade.
It's a bit on the thin side, but built up very nicely. And it's a pretty color. I do have a fair amount of minty greens, but it's hard to resist more.
I think this is a keeper, even though I do have several like it.

This is Limeade.
It's also fairly thin, but buildable. I'm not as fond of the frosty finish though.
I'm tempted to try and franken it into something darker. We'll see.

Here is Sunshine.
Now THIS is right up my alley! I've said it before, yellow is my favorite nail polish color. And though it takes 4 thin coats for good coverage, I bet three thicker ones would do it. And it may be thin, but it wasn't hard to work with.
This is definitely a keeper, no matter how many yellows I already have.

And this is Vintage Blue.
Three coats (or maybe two thicker ones) are good for this, and the color is a lovely one.
Another definite keeper, most of my blues are darker than this. It would look fantastic with dark blue stamps on it.

And for our last set in this post, we'll take a peek at my cute little unnamed snowmen. First, the yellow one.
I bet you already know that I'm keeping that one.

Here is the green one.
Another keeper in my book.

Well, I'm going to stop with that, and do a few chores, and then hopefully I'll have some time to work on these blogs later again.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.