Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dot, Dot, Dot

Today I bring you day eleven of the challenge, and it's all about the dots! Dots are one of the easiest nail arts to do, which makes it really fun, and they almost always look great too. Let's see how mine turned out!

I used blues for this one, since I've picked up quite a few blue polishes lately. The dark blue is Fresh Paint's Emo. *gigglesnort*

The light blue is Ulta's Bam-blue-zled.

Both are great polishes, and went on smoothly. I didn't find I got staining from either of them.

I'm sure it helps that I almost always use two base coats. Right now my favorite combo is Orly Nail Armor and then Cult Nails Get It On.

So, with the base coats and polish on, then I just used the opposing colors to make the dots. I have dotting tools, so I used a medium tip to make these dots.

You can see how the dark blue is a bit jellyish, but it still looks nice. At least, I think so.

To top this off I added a very sparse layer of holo glitter. I didn't want to cover up my dots, but I wanted that little extra.

I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out. It's fun because it requires almost no skill so anybody can do it, and it still comes out looking so smooth and pretty.

Are you ready for the holidays? I mostly am, though I have a couple more things that will be delivered. It's just going to be The Mate and me here this year, so we'll probably stay up really late, open presents, and then crash for most of the day. Hee. I'll be back tomorrow with stripes!

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.