Friday, December 23, 2011

I'm Earning My Stripes

Okay, so don't ask me what I'm doing to earn them, I just remembered that phrase and used it. Hee. So, anyway, today's challenge post involved stripes, and I had a blast with it. Let's take a peek.

I thought it would be fun to do them skittle-y.

So, I started with a good base in a variety of colors that could be like ornaments.

I let that dry and get all shiny while I did some other things, and it looked like this.

Then I used tape strips the length of my nails, and painted the metallic colors I'd chosen over them. Peel the tape off and YAY STRIPES!

I really like the way this one turned out. I might have to do some more of these sometime.

The red and gold would make a fantastic Christmas mani if I didn't already have too many ideas to get in before the holiday is upon us.

So, how excited are you for the holiday weekend? I'll try to make sure I still get posts in, and maybe slide some extras in on you as well.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.