Sunday, December 18, 2011

In Black And White

Oooh, such an original post title! We're at the day 7 mark of the challenge, and today's nails are black and white.  Not a whole lot to say about that, is there? I'm all sorts of wired up and scattered today, I guess I'm just overflowing with holiday spirit or something. Hee. Plus we got something like 4 inches of snow, and it's all white and pretty (and it makes my bones hurty - yikes) outside. Anyway, let's take a peek at the nails.

I took the easy way out, and feel back to my old standard white - Wet N Wild French White Creme.

It's your standard white creme, no shimmer or glitter. This is two sort of thick coats.

I love using this as a background for art and bright colors to make them pop.

Sinful Colors Black Crackle is what I chose to top off the white.

I brushed it on in a fairly thin layer at an angle to get this effect.

I'm loving the way it looks. I might get over crackle someday, but who knows.

It was great with the top coat, all shiny and such.

But I thought I'd change it up a bit, so I used Hard Candy Matte-ly In Love over it.

Do you like it better with or without the matte top coat?

Tomorrow we start getting into some more complicated challenges. The metallic I'll show you tomorrow was pretty easy, but then we get to look at rainbows and gradients and so on. It's gonna be a blast!

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.