Thursday, December 15, 2011

It Ain't Easy Bein' Green.

Nah, I'm not posting anything Muppet related, just love saying that. However, I do have day four of the challenge here, and the color is, as you may have guessed, green! Also of note, today is National Lemon Cupcake Day (dammit, it should have been yesterday, that would have gone great with my yellow!), so I think we should all have cupcakes! Of course, I like chocolate ones better than lemon, but whatever, I wouldn't turn down free lemon cupcakes. So, let's see how my green looked.

I chose to use MNY #753 (I really like names better, but at least a number is SOMEthing) for this one. Since the holidays are coming up on us REALLY fast, I didn't want to use a dark green like I do for those manis, and this one fit the bill perfectly.

Here's a messy and blurry shot of the accent color I chose, Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Glitz Gal. LOVE this one.

One coat of the glitter over three coats of the MNY and I'm liking this mani a whole lot.

There were a few really mild brushstrokes in there, but I can live with those, especially since this isn't a frosty nightmare or anything.

I love how the dark glitter looks over it, and with the holo sparkles floating around in there I spent more time staring at my nails than I should.

I still want cupcakes.

Get in the low light and you can see how the green almost glows from within.

And the charcoal glitter just tops it off nicely.

This really seems like it would make a great spring mani if you're the kind who tends to keep colors 'in tune' with the seasons. Of course, I just go with whatever random thing strikes me so that's not me.

Do you wear colors "in season" or just whatever you feel like?

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.