Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Somewhere Over The Rainbow!

Oooh, rainbow nails, I love them. We're up to day 9 of the challenge, and it's time for a rainbow! I've done rainbows before, which I loved, but this time I did it differently. Let's see how it turned out!

I had a few different ideas, and this is how I chose to go about it. I started with a white base, using my Cherimoya White.

I'm actually kind of fond of how white looks, though it isn't something I do on its own much.

There's just something almost zen about it.

So then I just drew stripes as if it were a rainbow. I freehanded these, although I might want to use tape next time for cleaner lines.

I used a set of Razzle polishes that I picked up at Big Lots. It didn't happen to have a green, so I grabbed Funky Fingers Ectoplasmic for that.

I like the effect, and I was happy with how it turned out.

You can see that I could have used a couple coats for better coverage, but I was still happy with it.

To make it even more fun, the polish is scented, so my tips smelled like candy.

I couldn't help but smile every time I looked at my nails.

I'm going to want to do some more like this down the road, because it's just too much fun. Tomorrow? I'll have peeeeeenk and then day 10, the gradient mani. Are you excited?

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.