Saturday, January 7, 2012

Almost Skipped Today's Post!

Since I'm all thinking about Jack and what's going on there, and what I can possibly do to help, I thought about passing over the challenge post, but I figured I'd go ahead and post it. I'll be reminding people until I'm blue in the face about it, and you probably don't know Jack, so you might want to see other stuff here too. But you'll have to click to see the pictures.

Today's mani was inspired by artwork. I started by painting white, and then adding a coat of Revlon Colorstay Calla Lily for the base.

As you can tell, I use a LOT of white polish in my art, because it provides such a nice background to work on. Anyway, the piece of art that inspired me was Georgia O'Keefe's From The Lake. I took a picture of the picture on my monitor to show you. Hee!

Of course, the idea isn't to duplicate it exactly, just be inspired by. So here's my version of this.

I kinda like the abstract look.

I think it's even better with a matte top coat. As usual, I used Hard Candy Matte-ly In Love. It's cheap and convenient, and works nicely.

I think I could have done better on the waviness of the design, and gotten more of the foggy grey at the top, but I guess I'm happy with it overall.

And now, I think it's time to get things together and do my mani for the night, which will be orange for Jack.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.