Thursday, February 23, 2012

Paint It Black

So after leaving my first mani of the year on for several days while we enjoyed our newest family member and tried to remember to put 2012 on things instead of 2011, I wanted to go dark and gorgeous, and this polish filled the craving I was having. Let's just get right to the pictures, because that's what you want to see, right?

So this is Ozotic 526, from Picture Polish. It's a gorgeous black holo.

Just check out the rainbow in that bottle!

My camera refused to pick up that same rainbow on my nails for some reason, but it was really there.

Of course, there was no sunshine, which would help.

You can see the sparkle somewhat, but it was way more rainbow-y in person.

Don't forget you can click to embiggen the pictures. It's worth it.

This one is washed out, and even that looks pretty darn good to me.

This is a decent picture, although it's still not the best one.

I'm seeing a little rainbow here. I guess they are hard to catch on nails, just like in real life.

By the way, this polish, like so many others from Picture Polish, flowed on smoothly, and impressed me muchly.

Oh look, you can even see my PJs under there. Hee!

So, being me, I figured if holo is good, holo+flakie would be even better!

This is an amazing flakie polish, and I think it was stunning over the Ozotic.

It didn't mute the rainbow as much as it looks like it did.

Once again, sunshine would have helped me capture this mani in all its glory.

I really love dark colors on short nails.

I could almost see this taking over my favorite nail polish color, but yellow is still TEH BOMB DIGGITY.

Regardless, this mani was impressive and gorgeous and just needed some sun (or a better photog) to show the true holo glory.

Over the next few weeks, I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things and post regularly again. I've got some swatches, plenty of beautiful polishes, and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to put up a giveaway before long. Maybe Leap Day would be a good time for that!

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.