Saturday, August 11, 2012

Creeping In To Post

I'm just starting to catch up with myself a little, and thought I'd maybe sneak in a post in hopes it would motivate me to do more posting. I have about a billion pictures I need to edit, have been busy busy busy, and my time is limited, but I miss blogging for the person who does read. Or maybe three people. Whatever. Haha. I'll skip right past all the yucky stuff that has gone on and try to keep it positive because I don't want to be depressing. Or depressed. In addition to still being fairly addicted to nail polish, I've gotten addicted to fishing. Like, pretty obsessed. It's fun, actually kinda good exercise (I've lost 15 pounds, and that's the only thing different I've been doing), and The Mate and I can do it together. I mean, sure, he could do nails with me, but he's not into it, and doesn't really care for colorful nails. Tee hee hee.

So between the fishing, and the working on the junk around the house, and the dogs, I've kept pretty busy. But I still paint up my fingernails all pretty on a regular basis, and I've tried to keep taking decent pictures of them. I just need to do a BUNCH of editing, and get to posting them! Speaking of posting, today I thought I'd share a nice China Glaze polish that I like quite a bit. The color reminds me of the vegetation in the lake where I've been fishing a lot lately (I'll reserve my silly fish pictures for the other blog), and it's name is Near Dark. Let's take a peek.


This lovely deep green make me sit up and take notice right away. At one coat, it's patchy and not completely covering, but already showing promise to be gorgeous.

This isn't cleaned up, since I tend to do my cleanup after I get all my coats down. But you can see how it's a nice deep swampy green.

The second coat provides better coverage, and probably would have been good enough, but I still had just enough patchiness that I added the third. 

Still, if you went a little thicker, you could get by with two coats. 

The third coat makes this color look absolutely stunning. And of course I cleaned it up then, and that looks better as well. 

This color does look pretty dark, and in low light it will probably look near black. But it's definitely green. 

The brighter light really brings out the murky green color. And top coat makes it super shiny. I used Cult Nails Wicked Fast here, because I like the way it works. 

I figured this was a great base for a Konad, and chose this pattern, using a silverish green color. 

I love the way this one turned out. 

As you can see, I turned the stamp sideways on the pinkie, just to see how it would look. You could play around with all different angles on this one. 

This is something I would wear over and over if I didn't like doing so many different things with my nails all the time. I love the green, and the konad looks fantastic. 

That'll do for today, and hopefully I'll slip back to make a Sunday Swatches post tomorrow. And maybe I can start catching up on all my stuff and post more often from here on out. I haven't been able to get much of the new polishes out lately (the budget is rough), but I have plenty of polish to play with, so it's not like I'm deprived. 

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.