Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Flashback!

Today I have a flashback mani that is kinda abstract, and pretty autumn-like in color. The temperature has been dropping a bit lately, and summer truly seems to be over. That makes me sad and happy, because while I love summer and will miss it, I also love snow, and will enjoy it, even when it's making me somewhat miserable. I tend to like it best when I can curl up by the window with a cup of hot chocolate or cider and just look out at it, not so much when I have to shovel it.

I need to take a moment to talk about something else before we get into the picture part. You see, tomorrow is The Mate's Oldest's birthday, and that is cause for major celebration. He's getting up there in years *snicker* (and I'm not saying how old he is, because I dunno how much info he'd want me to share and so on), and The Mate and he are not only father and son, but friends as well. I'm pretty glad that being in The Mate's life has brought Oldest into my life as well, he's good people. That being said, now we'll go see pictures.

Like I said, this is kind of an abstract sorta mani, with random stripes and dots in colors that you might associate with the fall season.

I really like the way it looks, and I was pretty proud of it the first time I did it, and am proud of it again now.

My nails weren't as strong (nor did they grow as fast) as they are now, but they were still nicely shaped, and easy to work with.

I think I did a pretty good job of doing both hands enough alike that it doesn't look like a rabid chipmunk painted my right hand (which still happens even now, after all the practice I've had!). 

Now we're off to do some family type stuffs, and do a little celebrating. We're so lucky that Oldest is in town for the weekend, so we can wish him a Happy Birthday in person rather than on the phone. 

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.