Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Clouds and Mountains

Today I'm going to share an artsy mani that I did, trying to paint a picture of clouds and the moon around mountaintops. I didn't do too badly, but I can see what I need to change to do it better next time around. First, let's see the inspiration pics.

The moon. Not that I really needed a picture, but whatever, I had fun googling for images.

The clouds. I was going for the fluffy ones.

The mountain. I especially like the way the clouds are wrapped around the tip.
So, why don't we look at what I came up with?


Here's what my thumb looked like. I tried to wrap the clouds around it. I like the effect pretty well.

And here you can see the rest of my fingers. The moon went on my ring finger and the rest have clouds and mountains.

I think that I need to use less contrast for the mountains themselves to make it look better. Not that this is horrible or anything, but the black and grey are just too far apart. 

I am pretty happy with the way the clouds turned out.

Of course the moon was pretty easy, I mean, it's a circle. Hee.

I like the blue I used for the sky too. 

So, do tell me what you think. If I can get my work done, I'll be back tomorrow with some peeeeeenk!

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.