Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Doxie/Basset mixes catch a ride.

Like I said, I have pictures of the latest crew to catch a ride with me. This group of 5 Dachshund/Basset mixes were puppy mill pups, and headed to rescue and new homes. Bea, Dee, Thelma, Trixie, and Wilma are young, and adorable.


This was actually a combined run, with two sets of dogs and two coordinators working together. I won't go into details, but that's a lot of work (all transports are), and to keep them running smoothly is amazing. I don't think I could do it. So, let's take a look at the pups!

This is the group in the back of the Jeep, before they got tired and went to sleep. They weren't loud at all, and did get a touch nervous during the transfer, but are obviously going to be really sweet dogs for somebody.

After a few miles, they settled in to sleep.

Here is Wilma, looking out the back window.

Bea, Dee, and Trixie rode together in the crate. I really didn't get a chance to take pictures of them separately, since we needed to keep on time. Trixie is the wirehaired one, and she was probably the most nervous.

I did get a chance to try and get better pictures of Thelma and Wilma, though they weren't the best ever. Here's Wilma up close.

I wish I could have gotten a picture of her eyes, just so soulful.

This is Thelma, who was a bit timid about the cars going by, so she leaned into me instead of going potty. How could I resist that?

I did get a picture of her eyes, though.

There were three Chihuahuas on the run, but I didn't get any really good pictures of them. Just this one, with Vern, the spaniel mix trying to say hi.

Vern was a little cutie. I wish I had caught a good picture of his eyes, one blue, and one brown. I love odd-eyes critters.

Also on this run was Zack, a sweet Lab mix.

And last, but certainly not least, this picture is Molly, the Basset. How can anybody not want to take this darling in and love her to bits?

Well, it's well past my bedtime (not that there is an assigned bedtime or anything, but I'm tired and the dogs don't like to sleep in too late), so I guess I'd better take myself off to bed. I'll probably sneak some more nail polish pictures in tomorrow (hmm, later today, I guess), and I'm not sure how many transports I can sneak in this week. But there will be more rescue critters to show off.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.