Saturday, June 5, 2010

Finally, some swatches!

I have said a couple of times that I had a BUNCH of swatch pictures, and I've finally gotten to them! This will be a few posts, since there are so many pictures. I should give you my swatching details first though.

Okay, here's how I swatch, because it's good to know the details. I start with one coat on the pinky, working my way up to four coats on the index finger. If I decide to layer over black (or something really dark), I do that on my thumb. I only do that with the really great layering polishes for the most part, and it's one coat over the dark polish. Right now, I'm using SH Night Flight, but I usually use WNW black; I'm just too lazy to go buy more. I suppose it's wrong to admit that, but I don't much care. I do not use any base coat or top coat. I don't tend to go all the way to the edges, leaving quite a large gap, because it's easier to clean up. Speaking of cleaning up, I don't bother if I slop, so it might look a bit messy. I guess that about covers the details. So let's look at them!

Before we see these, please keep in mind that my cuticles are scary bad, and I'm not apologizing for that. I'm way rough on my hands, and they often aren't macro-worthy, but I like seeing the polish anyway. I guess if you don't like it, then, uh, go somewhere else.


First up, let's go with the one gold glitter that I swatched in this mess. Hee. It's a Borghese mini with no name.

And here it is over black.

Next, one of my new favorites, FingerPaints Key To My Art.

And then, we'll move to my favorite nail color on me, yellow. That's the best way to start off my swatching posts, right? I'll just leave the names here and let the pictures speak for themselves.

FingerPaints Art NouvYellow

LA Girls Flare Sunny

Color Club Almost Famous

Nicole One Voice

RBL Yellow Fever

SH Salon Sunflowers

SH Insta Dri Expresso Yellow

Okay, enough for one post, I'll start a new one for the rest of the yellows.