Friday, June 4, 2010

Let's Finish Off May.

With this post, I'll pretty much be caught up with pictures through May of this year, and can move ahead and try to post current pictures. It's a high pain day here, for both The Mate and I, so I'm struggling to work, and need to sit down for a while. I did have a lovely wrestling match with Krissie and Missy on the bed earlier, which never fails to make me smile.  I'll have to try and get better pictures of these goofy dogs, especially Jessie with her new cut n style. But let's take a look at the nail polish.

First up, I did a silver one, and added a grey Konad stamp which was barely visible, but I liked it anyway. Also, the SH Silver Straits was great, it went on so smoothly and shone so bright that I was thrilled with it.

Then I went with a basic black, and topped it with Nubar's Nubar 2010 flaky polish. I love, love, LOVE the way these flakies look over other polish. In fact, it's currently on my toes over a red, and I love the way it flashes green and gold. I'm not a foot person, but I do love to have my toes done neatly.

My best friend was having a bad day, so I had her choose my polish, and she chose Dark & Stormy. An apt choice, although for me, polish is always a way to cheer up. This is a really nice blue, and went on smoothly.

I love the fade manicure trend that's been going around, and have done several of them. This time I went from black to white (which I've done before). Then I added Konad swirls in purple metallic polish.

Although I generally don't do brown polish a lot, I do sometimes want it, and this was one of those times.

Orly puts out some great pastels, and Snowcone is no exception. This is two coats, which makes me a very happy camper.

In case you forgot, my favorite nail polish color on me is yellow, and when I saw this one from WNW, I HAD to have it. And it didn't take long for it to find it's way onto my nails. Getting rid of the VNL (visible nail line) took a total of four coats, but it was totally worth it.

I always hit up the clearance aisles, and find all sorts of fun polishes, and the SH no name minis are no exception. This time, I went with a coppery colored one, then added a slightly glittery one on top of that.

For an inexpensive brand, WNW really has some great colors, and I find it wears fairly well for me. Of course, I rarely leave color on for more than a day, but I'm also extremely rough on my nails, so wear is still important to me.

For my weekend of Memorial Day, I started out with this lovely blue. Then I did the Konad circles pattern with a metallic blue. I really like the way it turned out. I'm fairly certain the dogs I was transporting didn't care.

I thought I'd do one patriotic manicure over Memorial Day weekend, and I chose to do it on Sunday. I wish I could have lined up my stamps a bit better, but I was trying to hurry and work with two polishes at once on the pattern, and I guess it turned out okay. Maybe I need to practice more with my stamping.

When I see the Milani collections at CVS, I try to buy them as soon as I can, because they seem to sell out so fast. I managed to snag this whole collection, and the first one I used is Molten Rock. It's a three-coater, but I didn't mind at all, because it is a gorgeous teal blue. I slapped a random silver pattern on there with stars.

Well, that brings me up to the current week, so either I'll have to upload pictures quickly, or you'll see this in another week or two. Hah.  We'll see how well I can do. Sometimes I wish I was one of those super organized people that can keep up with everything, but most of the time, I'm perfectly okay with being behind and doing things in my own time. I suppose I could blame it on a bunch of things, but honestly, I'm just not THAT motivated to be so much more organized than I am. That goes double for days like today, when the pain and itching interferes with my concentration so much. I'd like nothing better than to take some heavy drugs and just sleep as much as possible, but that isn't really an option. I suppose if I were really rich I could pay somebody to do my work, and then I could manage that.

Speaking of being rich, when you think about it, I really am rich. No, I don't have millions of dollars, but I have so many good things in my life. I can afford to feed myself and my family, I have a roof over my head (and it's a pretty nice one), I can take care of our animals, and I have enough money to spare some to help animals in need and buy myself pretty polish on a regular basis (and believe me, after a few years, I have a massive stash). I have loving family which includes the best kids around (I know, I'm biased, but they ARE really good kids!), a best friend, and The Mate, who is still the love of my life, even after 9 years. I'm reasonably healthy (all things considered), even though I could stand to lose 50 pounds. I guess one can't ask for a whole lot more. Well, I could, but I don't NEED a whole lot more. I try to let the 'bad stuff' just roll off my back, and focus more on the good things, and most times I do pretty good at it.

Anyway, I'd better see if I can't manage to get some more things done. If all goes as planned, we'll figure out how to move our pool table downstairs this weekend, and work on getting our new floor in the living room and hall in the next week. I'm pretty excited about that, and I wish that I'd been able to do it sooner. Also, it's getting pretty close to time to put in the air conditioner in our room. We are lucky because we got a house that has a whole house fan, and can use that, but when it gets warmer, the animals suffer in the heat, so air conditioning becomes pretty much necessary. And I'm not gonna lie, I like it too. So, off I go to get some work done. Until later!