Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day to all Dads!

We tried to spoil The Mate a bit for his birthday, and I think we managed to do okay. I grilled out a BUNCH of ribs, and we had potato and macaroni salad to go with it. And I even turned the remote over to him. Okay, he gave it back, but still, at least I offered. And after he spoiled me for my birthday, I woulda given him the remote for the week. So I've got some random pictures for this post (including one of my toes, so be warned), and then I have transport and polish pictures to share as well.

Let's start with a head shot of Jupiter, who is fitting in quite well with us.

I'll have to capture a good picture of his other eye, which is part brown and part blue. I love it. He's still more interested in the cats than I'd truly like, but he can be called off them, and already respects their claws. I think we'll have to keep a close eye on him for a while, but it looks like we'll eventually be able to trust he won't eat any cats. Since he's highly food motivated, we'll be sure to use a lot of positive reinforcement on him, and I suspect he will be an easy trainer. He's learned his name already. He does know Sit quite well, and he will Wait at the door instead of bolting, so that's two big ones. He's very passive with the other dogs, which means they aren't having any real scuffles to worry about so far. If one of the other dogs does get angry with him, he just ducks his head and spins away, until they forget what made them mad in the first place. And he loves playing bitey-face with the others, so he fits right in. I'm sure that along the way we'll run into a few roadblocks, but at this point, I can't imagine what it would be like not to have him.

As far as the other dogs, they are as spoiled as ever. Although I don't much care for pictures of me (I'm a chubster due to thyroid and other stuff), I did let the girls take a picture of me with Missy and Krissie. Of course, I was in my favorite spot, my recliner, and both dogs felt they needed to be with me. Not like I could resist them or anything.  So here it is.

Since my birthday was yesterday, I'll jump ahead and share my manicure with you now. Later I'll catch up on the rest of June so far. I did my nails with Lippmann Bitches Brew, and then used an LA Girls metallic polish for the Konad. The butterflies are for my best friend, who would be here if she could.

And, here are my toes, after I stuck dots on my L'Oreal Ocean Breeze polish.

I've changed my toes to sparkly red today, but I'll save that for later, mostly because I'm too lazy to upload the pictures right now. Haha. Here shortly I'll post pictures of the dogs on our transport yesterday.