Monday, June 28, 2010

Overnight: Dakota and Harley

This is the first post of my little series from our overnight Saturday night. These adorable little mops were great pals, and pretty much did everything together. When I met them, the first thing they did was roll around in the grass and enjoy sniffing around. I hope somebody will adopt them together, and love on them forever, because they deserve it.

To be fair, I am not sure which is which, since they stayed together through everything. Both are obviously friendly, sweet dogs, and neither messed in the house or their crate, so I suspect they are probably house trained already. If not, then they are very close to it.

Aren't they just the cutest? I could have cuddled with them for hours.

Who can resist those fluffy little faces?

Since they'd just been neutered, we didn't try to brush them or mess with them too much, just enjoyed their company.

They were pretty quiet overnight too, so I don't think they will be too noisy for whoever adopts them.

People who know me know that I lean towards bigger dogs, but these two were the type I could live with just as well.

Just look at this smile. If that doesn't melt your heart, I don't know what will.

They had fun running up and down the wheelchair ramp.

Saying good-bye is the hardest part of keeping dogs overnight, I'm not sure how long-term foster folks do it. I mean, I've done it too, but it is still tough to send them off to their new homes.