Thursday, September 9, 2010

Kitty cats!

As I said, I got some pictures of the cats, and here is the first set.

Toni is a lovely Tortie, who can be shy.

She reminds me so much of my Gwen.

Look at that wink. Isn't it adorable? I love catching fun expressions like that on cats.

I don't have pictures, but the first cat I remember in my family was a Tortie named Freak. I'd say she is a big part of the reason I'm always so drawn to Torties. Calicos are right up there too. Freak lived for a really long time, and when my parents divorced, she stayed with Dad. When we moved to Costa Rica, she went to live with my Grandma, and that's where she stayed until her late teens, when she passed. But I'm getting off track.

For the life of me, I cannot remember this guy's name. I try to keep track, but I get too fuddled in the head sometimes.

He's such a pretty, shiny, black cat.

And he's got that cute little white spot on his chest.

I have to admit, I like black cats a lot too. Who am I kidding? I pretty much love all cats.

Doesn't he look like he was telling me something really important?  Now let's meet one of my favorite kitties there, Franken. He and his brother Stein were one of my earliest transports. Stein is in a permanent home, and apparently quite happy, but Franken, sadly, was brought back.

If I weren't already over my limit for critters, I'd take Franken in a heartbeat. He is just so sweet.

He's a gorgeous cat.

Oh look, my shoe. LOL

He's easy to take pictures of, because he just loves the attention.

I love his long tail. Hee.

Now, to try and avoid the redeye thing from happening, I've learned that I can block out my flash a bit with my finger, and get some pretty good pictures. However, sometimes I block it too much, and then I get pictures like the following.


That's Ima June, and I'll share pictures of her, and her kittens in the next post.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.