Sunday, October 10, 2010

10 To The Tenth Power! POWER RANGERS!! Oh Wait...

Yes, silly title for a serious post, but it's been that kind of day here. Nothing bad, just more sore than usual, busy anyway, and thinking about lots of stuff. So, one of the things I was thinking about is how to help the animals I hold so dear, especially the ones at Grayson Humane. If you've read my blog for more than a couple days, you'll know they are my favored rescue folks for various reasons. And along with all the other things going on for 10-10-10, I thought, "hey, why not figure out something of my own to make a point of the whole ten thing?". Which immediately set my brain rushing off in 10 different directions for ideas. So, here are the ideas that I thought worthy of posting about to my audience of (slightly more than) 10.

Here is what I am going to ask people to do. Just do something for 10 minutes, or 10 times, or contact 10 people. That's it. You might ask, "Do what?", and I will say, "I have ideas!". So here are 10 ideas for you, in no particular order. I tried to keep it pretty easy, because asking you to take 10 days to go to 10 countries and do something awesome for 10 people in each one is just ridiculous.
  1. Donate $10 to the charity of your choice. (For me, that's easy, Grayson Humane is getting $10 more from me. I'm aiming to try to give $10 every paycheck.)
  2. Ask 10 people to donate $10 each to the charity of their choice. (One time, 10 times, as many times as they can afford. Heck, if one can only afford 10 cents, that's still something, and it adds up!)
  3. Take 10 minutes to meditate/pray/think/whatever you like on how to improve/help a certain situation, or just send out good 'vibes' or whatever.
  4. Do 10 nice things for somebody you love, or a nice thing for 10 people you love. 
  5. Make 10 small toys for dogs or cats and give them to a shelter near you. (I'm going to see if I can manage to make 10 catnip toys, and 10 dog toys, and send them to Grayson.)
  6. Take 10 minutes to write (or type or say - whatever) to somebody you care about and tell them 10 things you like/love about them.
  7. Find 10 things in your house that you don't use, but somebody else might, and donate them to a local homeless or animal shelter. (I'm sure I have 10 items of clothing that I'll never wear, but are in great shape, I'll drop them off at the local women's shelter this week.) 
  8. Do 10 nice things for random people, even if they are really little things, like letting somebody with two items go before you in the grocery line. (I try to do things like this regularly, and if EVERYbody did, the world might be just a teeny bit nicer.)
  9. Set aside 10 minutes and pamper yourself in some small way. You are important too. (Or take 10 hours and do exactly what you want for that time. Though I bet most of us don't HAVE 10 hours to spare for relaxation.)
  10. Write a post like this and ask 10 people to do one of 10 things to help. (See? I already did one of my 10 things!)
Just think, if you tell 10 people about this, and they tell 10 people about this, and THEY tell 10 people about this... and so on, how many people will be reached! After all, think about it... 10 (to the 10th power)  = 10,000,000,000 = 10 billion. So if this starts here, and 10 people tell 10 people, who then share with 10 people (and all those people do 10 things, or even 1 thing)... that could be a HUGE impact. And it all started with one little 10. 

You don't have to use my list, you might have 10 way better ideas than I came up with. And if you can't think of anything, or you just don't want to spend the time or whatever... then consider just giving $10 to Grayson Humane and call it good.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.