Monday, October 11, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day Four

Day 04: Something you have to forgive someone for.
(Refer to: Intro, Day 1, Day 2, Day 3)


This is another pretty hard one for me, because the things I might write about on this topic would be ... well, they would basically let the 'offender' know I was writing about them, and since there's a decent chance they are reading this (secretively most likely), I'm not going to go down that road. There are also lots of things that other people have told me I *have to* forgive such-and-such for, but this is about who *I* feel I have to forgive. Or more to the point, someTHING I have to forgive somebody for. So, I'm just going to go with some generalities in this post, but you'll probably get the idea.

I think the biggest thing I need to forgive someone for (that I'm willing to discuss at all) is the whole situation with a certain email group that pretty much screwed me over, along with The Mate. I'm not ready yet, or else I would already have done this forgiving. And it isn't going to matter to them if I forgive them or not, since we are not in touch, and not likely to get back in touch. But I think that it is important that I do forgive them for turning their backs on us in our time of need, being hypocritical when we said far less than others in the same group did about similar things, and shoving us out in the cold when all we asked for was a bit of empathy. So I guess I need to figure out whether or not I can forgive, and let that go.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.