Monday, November 8, 2010

Swatches To Seeeeeee!

Let's see, I've got a CND, some Claire's minis, and some Sinfuls tonight. I hope you enjoy them!

Smooch from CND is a gorgeous white, but it's kinda gritty, and didn't flow as smoothly as other CND polishes have. I don't think I'd discount it based on just that though.

The following six swatches are from a set of Claire's minis that I picked up. Of course, they don't have names (I really hate that, even numbers would be SOMEthing). I've swatched them over black, white, red, and yellow, in that order, because there is no way they'll build to opaque in anything resembling less than ten coats, and that would just be silly.






Next up are the Sinful Colors seasonal offerings that I ran across. I'm starting with Singalong, which is a pretty gold, though awfully sheer.

This lovely green is Miles Away, and is also more sheer than I tend to like. It might take 4-5 thick coats to be opaque. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly willing to do that, but it's not going to be the first green I reach for.

This lovely bright red is Make A Chance, and it is a very nice red. It dried quickly, and was pretty much opaque in three coats. It's almost a jelly.

Silver is pretty nice, and not as sheer as the gold or green, but being named Ladies Choir kinda makes me wonder what they were thinking. Regardless, it's pretty and I like it.

And lastly, we have Insight Midnight, which is what they've named this pretty blue. It took four coats to be opaque, and it's pretty much just a pretty shiny blue, nothing that stands out. If you love blue, you'll probably want it.

And with that, I think I'll get these animals fed for the night, and attempt to get some sleep. I have GOT to figure out how to get more done around here, fatigue or not.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.