Monday, April 4, 2011

ELF Swatches (Part One)

Okay, I've mentioned these a few times, and I'm finally showing them! Haha. When ELF went on sale for half price, I pretty much bought all the colors I thought might work, and it was a lot. So here are about half of them, swatched in my usual way.

In case you aren't familiar, the way I swatch is one coat on the pinky, two on the ring, three on the middle, and four on the index finger. If I feel like showing a coat over black, I use the thumb for that. I generally only do that with sparse glitters, and if I'm not trying to rush. I take all the pictures under my OTT light, and since it's generally night when I swatch, there is no outdoor light. So there you have it. Now, let's take a look at the ELF pictures I have to share. I'll let them speak for themselves, with maybe a small comment here and there about quality etc.

Love this one, it was smooth and pretty with the gold shot through it.

Uh, it's black. Probably do okay with one coat, but I like my WNW black best still.

Pretty color, a bit thinner than I like, but builds well.

Pretty color, does well in two coats.

Goes on well, kinda needs three coats.

Seems more pink to me, kind of a meh color.

Nice shimmer, nothing super original.

Three to four coats, average color, pretty meh.

Uh, looks red to me. Goes on well and is nicely pigmented.

Love the color, formula was crap. Might go well over white.

Okay, that's enough for this post, I'm going to grab our dinner, and while I eat, maybe I can post the rest of my ELF swatches.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.