Friday, July 29, 2011

Let's Feature The Girls' Nails!

Okay, I'll slap in one of my manis too. Since I'll be taking them back in less than 24 hours, I thought we could take a look at some of the manis they did while they were here. Let's just jump right into it.

Since she is the youngest, let's start with Tori, who only let me take about 3 pictures while she was here. Mostly she'd get them done, and then do them over again within a few minutes. Sound like anybody we all know? (Not me, right? STOP laughing at me!)

She like long nails, but hers don't grow so well, so she tends to go with some of the lovely press-ons you can pick up at CVS or Rite-Aid. They look pretty good on her.

Like me, she often does each hand in different colors. And adds accents.

This color looks fantastic on her, with the golden shimmer in it.


Moving along now, this one is super awesome, and I love the way Sarah used the Konad!

Although she has a habit of scraping off her polish within minutes, I managed to catch more of her manis. Zebra stripes!

She likes to do accent nails as well.

Or varying nails in different top coats, etc.

Or check out her holiday nails - every nail done differently.

This one is a particularly nice one she did.

 And also like me, she does different stuff on each hand as well.

I like the orange one better here. Hee.

She's also a fan of the bling, just like somebody else on this blog. Muahaha.

Here's another Konad she did that rocked out.

Experimenting on the other hand... like mother, like daughter?


While out the other day, I stopped in Big Lots, and they had some cute sets of polish, so I nabbed these Betty Boop ones. I figured it was worth it to try them out, and I can say now, I won't be buying those again. Eesh. Not only do they smell AWFUL, but the quality was horrid as well.

I wanted to go light to dark, so I grabbed a random white, and did so. It took three coats of these to level them off and get them to look worth wearing at all.

This is fairly color accurate. I can't believe this cleaned up as well as it did what with the crappy brushes and the crap formula.

Then I topped everything off with the glitter.

This is 3 coats of the glitter, it's really sparse.

I do hope you can ignore the horrid shape of my breaking nails.

Kinda shaded lighting here, not too accurate, but I am throwing it in there.

I do like the glitter though. Even if it's sparse.

Final verdict on these? I might just dump them out and use the bottle for frankening. Of course, the brushes are yuck too, so we'll see.

Okay, I have a little while, so I think I'll schedule a Saturday post to go up while I'm gone. Let's see if it works!

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.