Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday Shatterday!

Wow, so I'm sort of starting to get back into the swing of things around here. Still, I'd rather have the kids here all the time and never have online time if it were a choice. So anyway, I saved a couple of my Black Shatter NOTDs to share with you today, I think I'll make Shatterday kind of it's own day, like once or twice a month. I'm so totally NOT over the whole crackle thing, so if you are, you can feel free to skip these posts.

This first one is Orly Glam Rock and Sinful Nirvana.


Nirvana is totally not my kind of color, but as a base for other stuff, I think it will come in handy, so I'll probably keep it around. Glam Rock is right up my alley, and it was easy to say I'm keeping it.


Then I topped it off with OPI Black Shatter, which I like quite well. It was the first shatter I got, so it's got sentimental value or something. Hee.


I did the usual strokes over the Glam Rock, and then went sideways over the Nirvana. As you can see, it makes a pretty big difference.




I think I like it better with top coat, although either way works nicely.




I love the way the top coat brings out so much sparkle from the Glam Rock. Check it out close up!


The next one I have to share is WNW Undercover.


It is an awesome green, and I'm thrilled that I found it! (I got the whole set.) This is ONE COAT!


I found these on the trip to get the kids, because they never appeared in my area.


Here's my right hand, with all my little experiments to see what I like best. I do that a lot, then do the final mani on my left hand, since it's my usual picture hand.


Yeah, it might look sorta odd if you look close, but most people never notice, so it's no big deal.


So, on my left hand, I added 2 coats of NYC 104A.

I've always liked some of the NYC sheers for layering.


The Black Shatter then topped it all off at an angle. I really really like the effect of this one!


I went with pretty thin coats, and I wore this for about 3 days, which is not typical for me at all.


Well, that's my Shatterday sharing for this week, I'll probably have some more of these in a week or three. Right now I'm doing a wear test with different base and top coats, so I'll have time to catch up with the manis I didn't post over the last couple months, and be more up to date before long.

In other news, my cell started acting up, and The Mate decided I needed a new one, which makes sense, since I do need to be reachable to him pretty much 24/7. So, I got the HTC Thunderbolt. I activated it last night, and HOLY COW there are so many features and things to see and do and WHOA. He upgraded to a Samsung Charge, and he likes it really well, so I guess we have new 'toys' to play with. It's so strange, I was pretty much against having a cell phone for so so long, but now I can see how it makes things much easier for us.

We also gave up on keeping our little pickup, it was just too small and didn't fit our needs very well. So we traded it in on a conversion van, and what a difference! It's huge! It's luxurious compared to the little truck, and it's pretty much perfect as a vehicle for him to use. Heck, we'll pick up a ramp, and he can put his wheelchair in on his own and won't need me just to go somewhere. We're keeping the Jeep too, though, as we pretty much need it in the winter (4WD is pretty important around here, especially since they don't plow our street very well), and I will still use it for transports. The van is big enough for us to go camping in, so I expect within a week or two we'll do just that. And one nice thing is that our insurance payments went DOWN! So we did add a van payment, but since we've gotten some other stuff paid down, our budget stays about the same.

I'd love to be able to add a couple hundred more to the budget so I can get all the polishes I want, but since I have enough to get some here and there, I'm darned happy with it for the most part. I'm really looking forward to getting more things paid off and taken care of (like, we need AC in the house, and to finish the remodeling stuff, and so on), because then I might just be able to fulfill my dream of having my own horse. Someday, someday. Maybe by then they will also find a way to help The Mate's back so he can really get around, and cure psoriasis so I don't suffer with it.

Okay, I guess that's enough babbling, I've got a lot to do around here, since I've also added the goal of doing some more serious training with the dogs. I finally managed to figure out how to communicate what I want to Juno better, so now it's my job to teach her to be civilized. Hee. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.