Monday, December 12, 2011

I Love Me A Challenge!

If you read nail blogs regularly, then you're almost certain to have seen this challenge floating around out there. So, being the kind of person I am, I'm going to be jumping on the bandwagon after all the cool kids have gotten over it. What can I say? I guess I'm behind the times. I saw it over at here comes the sun, and then sort of put it out of my mind, and now I finally caught up with myself enough to give it a shot.

Today, of course, is the first day, so if you want to see my red nails, then take a peek.

First, here are the rules if you're going to join in. Well, more like guidelines, but whatever, right?

RULES:
Reblog this post if you’re going to accept this challenge (Okay, I guess this is the reblog. Hee)
One post per day (I think I can do this one!)
If you miss one, pick it up the next day (Whew, just in case.)
Post a picture of each mani (I plan to post a LOT.)
It would be nice if you listed/linked to what polishes you used (I'll at least include details if not pictures.)
For the inspiration prompts, SHOW US YOUR INSPIRATION/SHARE LINKS (Ooh fun!)
BE CREATIVE (I might be able to manage that.)
TRY NEW THINGS (I know I can try new things!)
HAVE FUN!!! (That's the easiest part!)

Okay, now that we've got all that out of the way, let's get to the pictures. I decided to go with Brucci Berrylicious, which is a wonderful red. It has a tiny bit of microshimmer that doesn't show up much but adds depth to the color.

Don't forget you can click to see any of the pictures larger.

The microshimmer is just barely visible, even when you embiggen the pictures.

This pretty much is a classic red that leans to the warm side.

I did three coats to get this coverage.

I'm pretty fond of Brucci, I just wish it were easier for me to get.

Random fact: Today is Poinsettia Day. Neat how it just happens to be the day I post red, eh?

It's also National Ding-a-ling Day. Who comes up with this stuff? Either way, it fits me. Hee.

Now you had to know I couldn't just leave well enough alone, right?

So I thought I'd add a (mostly) red accent as well. The new Sally Hansen Gem Crush polishes were at hand, so I grabbed Cha-Ching! and slapped it on.

These Gem Crushes are pretty awesome. They'll give full coverage in three coats, so you don't have to use them over a base if you prefer not to.

This one has those nice big chunky hex pieces of silver glitter as well as smaller ones.

I thought it worked very well over this red.

It would look fantastic alone too.

Seeing it close up makes me want to smile.

So, what red would YOU pick if you were doing this challenge? It was a hard choice, so I went with a not-so-famous one. Up tomorrow, ORANGE!

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.