Monday, January 2, 2012

Music!

So tonight I'm posting the mani inspired by a song. Hopefully we are safely home by now, although the weather reports were a bit scary, so we shall see. Anyway, I scheduled this just in case, so that I wouldn't miss out on a challenge post. I've only barely missed the deadline once, otherwise I've been getting these done every night. Pretty cool! So, let's see what song I chose to be inspired by, and how I worked that into nail art.

So, here's what I thought would be fun.



Yep, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts' version of Crimson and Clover. Well, here is the crimson part.

I LOVE this polish. It is SO gorgeous.

The glitter is amazing.

It applied beautifully.

And it smells of cinnamon!

Cleans up nicely.

Color Club hit it out of the ball park with this one.

Then for the clover, I used China Glaze Holly Day.

It looked good, but I thought it needed a little more detail.

I mixed a touch of black with the green and made some lines, but that wasn't quite enough.

I mean, it looked like a clover and all, but it just seemed sort of dark and drab.

So I grabbed my Essence Prismatic White, and added more detail.

And heck, why not some Funky French tips too?

I like it that way muchly.

It just stands out nicely, and shines.

But I can't get over that red!

It's got a hint of gold to it.

This is one of my favorites so far.


So, what song would YOU like to see in nail art?

(This post is scheduled.)

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.