Monday, September 17, 2012

Beautiful On Film

"Monday, Monday, so good to me... Monday, Monday, it was all I hoped it would be." (from the song Monday, Monday by the Mamas and the Papas)

It's Monday again, which is kinda all the same to me, since I don't work in an office or anything like that. The days can tend to blur together when you 'work' 7 days a week. (If you don't know, my job is caretaker to The Mate, and it's an every day thing. And eventually I'll start getting paid for it again, but that's another whole thing that I'm not gonna get into here and now.) It's usually a pretty good thing, as there isn't any day of the week that feels like a yucky one to me, they are all pretty good in general. Although today, The Mate gets the little disks removed from his nose, so maybe it isn't an awesome day for him. We shall see how that goes.

So today I've got a layering combination to share with you, one that I think turned out really great. There's been a LOT of glitters released this year that are awesome for layering, and I've been trying to get the ones I can. Of course, no paychecks means very little polish, but hey, it's not like I don't have a good collection already. I did snag these in the spring though, and I'm sharing them today. Let's take a look.

This is Essie No More Film with Wet N Wild Beautiful But Dangerous over it. I love No More Film - it's a great purple cream that goes on nicely in two coats. I've said it before (recently too), but Essie has really stepped up lately, and I'm loving it.

Beautiful But Dangerous is a gorgeous multi-colored glitter as you can probably see. It's fairly sparse, but for layering like this it's wonderful.

I only used one coat of the glitter to get this result. Like many of these kinds of glitters, you might have to work with it a little, but with practice that gets easier. 

This isn't a bumpy glitter, it smooths out pretty well with one layer of top coat (I use SV pretty much exclusively).

In very dim light, you can still get the sparkly effect.

Of course flash catches some of the glitter and makes it shine. What do you think - would you wear this combo?

Well, that's it for today. Tomorrow I'll have a couple great greens to share, so be sure to stop back and check them out.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.