Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Swatches (Not Really)

Well, I haven't had much time for swatching lately, so I thought I'd share something else today. Instead I have a few bad pictures of the Sally Hansen Salon Effects strips that I wore for a few days. Let's get right to it, I've got a busy day tomorrow and need to get ready. What's going on, you ask? The Mate is having his nose rebroken so they can get his septum back where it is supposed to be. Yikes. It's a same day surgery, but still, I'm worried, and of course I'll be waiting right there to see that everything comes out okay. Anyway, let's move on to the pictures.

These strips are advertised as lasting for ten days. These pictures are what they looked like after three days.

Tipwear galore, and wrinkled up a bit too.

They are really pretty though, and if you're easier on your nails than I am, you might get more wear from them. 

Well, that seems like a super short post, so let's look at something prettier - what I wore when we went perch fishing out on the lake. That was a total blast, and I'm hoping we'll get to go again.

I started with a base of Rimmel Midnight Blue; and the accent is Essie Nothing Else Metals.

Then I layered Sinful Ciao Bella! on the blue for some sparkle. I did the Konad with the Essie and Rimmel polishes. 

I kinda like the way it turned out, but the Rimmel wasn't really a great stamping polish. 

Anyway, I liked the curvy lines of these, since we were going to be out on the lake, and I thought this would look a little bit like waves. It didn't work out quite like I wanted, but it was still fun.

I hope to be back on Tuesday with good news about The Mate, and more pretties!

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.