Thursday, October 11, 2012

Nail Art Contest!

The leaves are turning, the temperatures are dropping, and it's nearly that time of year again. First up, I want to share with you the news! There is a great nail art contest going on for Viva La Nails, and you should totally enter! Just click on the poster below to go find out the details and how to enter. I'm not sure if I will, I'm so busy anymore that I haven't been doing as much nail art. And I'm not feeling super creative right now. But we'll see what happens.


Today I've got a lovely vampy color to show you, so let's get to the pictures.

First let's take a short peek at how my nails look with just the base coat. I think they are looking pretty good nowadays.

Then I'll show you one coat of Nicole Hard Kourt Fashionista. As you can see, it is a little draggy here, but it levels out on the next coat.
*

Two coats makes it look pretty good, though there were still some bare spots that you couldn't really see unless you were looking very closely.

This is a really nice color... for somebody else.

While I like it, kinda, it's not really my favorite, and I'll probably only use it as a base for other stuff.

I think it's the brown-ness that bugs me, I'm just not huge on brown colors very often.

It does go on nicely though, and  I'm glad I picked it up when I saw it on clearance.

It does look a little bit like the brown M&Ms candy.

What do you think, do you like this color?

Okay, I'm going to go get my chores done so I can relax tonight. The rainy weather is making us sore, and I think it's a good night to curl up with a book.