Sunday, October 7, 2012

Old School Swatches

So today for Sunday Swatches, I thought I'd show you some of the 'Old School' swatches I've done. My nails were extra short, I didn't have a clue about lighting (well, maybe a clue, but not much of one!), and I hadn't started doing a different number of coats to show coverage yet. But I'll still share these pictures, because it's kinda fun to see how far I've come.

First up, the whole hand swatches. Note just how SHORT my nails were! It's not often they are that short nowadays! These were some WNW polishes, and yes, I still have them. Well, probably not the same bottles of black and white, I go through a lot of those.

Next up some OPI polishes. These are some of the first ones I had (the very first was Pompeii Purple).

The next 'incarnation' of swatching was when I'd take a picture of each nail with the name, so I could attempt to keep track better. There are Jordana polishes.

I can barely believe my nails were that short. Even my nailbeds were shorter back then.

Then I went back to keeping notes and labeling the polish names. This particular set is NYC. Of course, I wasn't keeping track of how many coats or anything. 

And a few WNW polishes, I think from the Crystalic line. I'm not sure, it's been a long long time. Wow my nails were so not shaped nicely or anything. 

I think it's kinda fun to look back at these, and realize just how much better my nails look now. Sure, there are others out there with much better nails then mine, but I'm still proud of how far I've come in my journey with nail polish. I hope that seeing how my nails used to look can give you hope that yours can improve with time and practice as well. 

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.