Saturday, March 26, 2011

Wine Tasting Tonight!

Before I head off to our Wine On The Lake event this evening, I thought I'd post a few more NOTDs for you to enjoy. Fun fact, I got good and sick during that week, and left my nails the same color for way way longer than I usually do. Which turned it into a bit of a challenge to see just how long I could leave them. So I am including pictures of that too. Let's get right to it.

To start, I did some more marbling.

It's just so much fun to practice, whether or not it turns out fabulously.

I like the way these two colors look together.

Not the best marbling job though.

But I do find it interesting because it has neat patterns anyway.

I might try this combo again sometime.

You can see where I marbled over again, which kinda makes it neater to me.

Of course, I had to keep going on the marble thing, because when I get obsessed, I get OBSESSED. Haha.

This one I did over a white base.

I think this marble turned out really nice.

And I really like the way the colors look.

I'm hoping I can get better at marbling, but I also want to break out the Konad again.

Oh, and I want to play with my dotting tools some more!

I bought some liquid latex, which is what I use to keep from getting polish all over my fingers now.

I also want to learn how to marble by dragging.

After those bright ones, I thought I'd go with something vampy.

I like the name more than I probably should. Hee.

This is three coats.

Please don't mind my funky nail shape, they just grow a bit odd.

This looks black in most lights.

It's still pretty.

Three days later, when I was able to get out of bed again, this is what it looked like.

I added the glitter accent, and you can see a bit of tip wear.

Still, it's in pretty good shape.

If I were the type to leave my polish on for longer periods all the time, I'd be happy with this.

I used Orly Bonder, and Seche Vite. Here it is after another few days.

A little more tip wear, but still looking pretty fair.

The last day, here it is.

Yep, it finally chipped.

After that I thought a nice bright red would look great.

This is Most Wanted Red.

It is a great red, and that's just two coats.

It's shiny all on it's own, but I still use top coat.

It cleans up nice too. I love that.

This didn't stain my nails.

I think this color would look good on most anybody.

So then, I added Sephora OPI Only Gold For Me.

I love the way this looks.

All the different sized glitters look pretty impressive to me.

I see getting some good use out of that one.

Don't forget to click and embiggen the pictures so you can see details even better.

I do love the bling.

After all those bright and dark colors, I thought I'd give a neutral color a shot.

So hey, OPI Cosmo-Not Tonight Honey!

'Neutrals' are totally NOT my style at all.

I will admit though, this one isn't bad.

The shimmer in it gives it a nice shine.

So I like it more than I thought I would.

It almost matches my skin. If my skin had shimmer.

Okay, I'm off to get ready for our wine tasting, and a relaxing night in a hotel. It's gonna be a blast!

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.