Friday, December 30, 2011

Because I Am A Follower.

I'm doing this meme with Aunt Becky. Except I'm going to put polish pictures in between the questions. That's just how I roll and stuff. Okay, let's get to the fun!




1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Dude, I'm lucky if I remember anything I did this year, let alone whether I've done something or not before. Oh, I know! I bought a dog. Like, from a breeder. Our first not-from-a-rescue-or-shelter dog.



2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't even do resolutions. It's not like people really keep them, is it?



3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, which is good, because I would suck at delivering a baby.



4. Did anyone close to you die?
Too many pets. Not so much with the people though.



5. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
The ability to cure The Mate's pain. Well, mine too, that would be nice.



6. What countries did you visit?
I stayed in the US of A. But I want to go see Canada. And lots of other countries too.




7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
Really I can't think of any. There wasn't any one day that was HOLYSHITMUSTREMEMBER.



8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I didn't kill anybody for being stupid and/or in my way.



9. What was your biggest failure?
I didn't kill anybody for being stupid and/or in my way. No really, I kind of try not to dwell on the whole failure thing. Except if there is some lesson I need to learn and such.



10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
You mean besides the psoriasis that I've had for well over 20 years? Apparently I have gout now too. Oh boy.



11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our new puppy.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The Mate's. No really, he's just that awesome.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Uh, nobody, really. Because I just try to stay away from negativity.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills, bills, bills. And nail polish.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Nail polish. And the new puppy.

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
There really isn't any one song that stands out.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? 
I guess I'm happier. I dunno

ii. thinner or fatter?
Pretty much the same, but I'm working on losing.

iii. richer or poorer?
Richer in love and family and good stuff like that, and probably poorer in money. Oh well.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sexytiems. Uh, wait, my kids can read this. I WISH I HAD DONE MORE STYUDYING AND LEARNING, REALLY I DO.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Uh. I'm actually kinda stumped. I guess, less complaining? Not that I'm a whiner or anything, but dayum there are some sucky things about having psoriasis and gout and tummy issues and mental illness and... you get the idea.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Dude, it's over. We hung out alone at home, just The Mate and I and our critters. It was kinda awesomesauce.

21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
Well that's just silly.

22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
You mean any more than I was before? Because I fall in love with The Mate over and over again. Not that I ever fall out of love with him.

23. How many one-night stands?
I really prefer to sleep laying down. Although I sometimes fall asleep sitting up in the tub.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Given that we just kinda leave the tv running all the time, it's pretty hard to pick a favorite. Let's go with Vampire Diaries since I'm in the middle of watching that on Netflix.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I've kinda let go of hate for the most part. I mean, I claim to hate stuff, but it's not HATE hate, ya know?

26. What was the best book you read?
Training Levels by Sue Ailsby


27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
This guy.


28. What did you want and get?
I wanted a Kindle Fire and I got it. I wanted nail polish, and I got some of it. I wanted to get The Mate a dog to be his service dog and we pick him up Sunday. It's been an awesome year.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Mannnnn, I watch all sorts of movies, but I'm way behind the time, so I haven't seen any new ones really. Uh, I'll just throw in Pirates: On Stranger Tides in there.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I spent it with my kids and I was 42.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the lottery. Haha.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Pajamas.

34. What kept you sane?
My anti-crazy pills.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I've always had a thing for Harrison Ford, and that hasn't changed.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Totally not gonna go there. I don't do politics here.
(I ran out of L'Oreals to post, so whatev.)

37. Who did you miss?
I always always always miss my kids.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Everybody from Band Back Together.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:
Do not lock your keys in the car when it's below freezing.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Like I even remember song lyrics. I really don't do that whole sum up thing very well, so one lyric isn't gonna cut it. Let's just skip this one.

So now, if you haven't already, go read Aunt Becky's post to see how it's really done. And do your own and join in the linkup!

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.