Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Flashback

Well, since I shared my 4th of July manicure from this summer with you yesterday, what better time to do a Friday Flashback of past 4th of July manis? I've only got a couple pics on hand, but hey, that's okay. It's FRIDAY and the weekend is near, and it's time to go out and DO something, even if it's wrong. Not wrong as in illegal or immoral, but whatever. *giggles* Let's take a peek.

So this one is about 3 years ago, maybe more. I don't even remember. I just nabbed the link out of my photobucket and ran with it. This of course, is my left hand. I did this mani with tape, decals, a dotting tool, and a lick and a prayer. Bwahaha!I do rather like the way it turned out, but look at how messy my cleanup was back then! I was using pointed q-tips and nothing else around that time, not my more refined method like I do now. *snort*

This would be my right hand. As you can see, my left hand is not very good at nail art at all. And I smeared things when I put on my top coat. This might be a Friday Fail if I weren't feeling all cheerful and such. But hey, it's good to see that I've improved since then. Although, it would be pretty sad if I hadn't improved over the course of several years.

Then we have my little chevron mani that I did, again, a few years ago. Not too bad, all in all, and it was pretty, so I'm not complaining. At least my cleanup was a little better on this one. I thought a Coke can would make a good backdrop, and I think I was right. 

Like I said, just a few today, I've got a ton of things to do, and there's just never enough time. Next week it's The Mate's Oldest's birthday, and we're hoping we can do a little something special for that. He's turning the big 3-0 and they (Oldest and his girlfriend) will be in town for the weekend, so we're looking forward to seeing them again. 

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.