Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day Seven

Day 07: Someone who has made your life worth living for.
(Refer to: Intro, Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6)


First and foremost, thought it's very very true, I'm not going to use my kids on this one. Yes, they have definitely made my life worth living for, and I love them with all my heart, probably more than they will ever know. Nor am I going to use The Mate, though it's true as well. And the pets, as much as I love them, are not people (don't tell them I said that!), so they won't be here either. Nope, none of those, because anybody who knows me knows that they are all worth living my life for. But there is one person that isn't on that list, and that most people probably don't know anything about.

She's my best friend. Okay, so I've never even been in the same state as her, and I've yet to be able to hug her offline, but she's my best friend anyway. She's the one who will stay up and online until all hours of the night because I can't sleep and am looking for distractions. The one who will encourage me to make it through the next five minutes, and then the five minutes after that, and so on until I can manage.

We met online, and that's where most of our interaction is, although we've talked on the phone a few times. But it's a very rare day that goes by that we don't chat in IMs or text each other and just share things in general. She (sorta) understands my nail polish obsession. She gets that I'm a freak for my pets and don't shut up about them often. She lets me whine about my skin and other ailments. Seriously, I could go on all night about how much she does for me. If I can do for her a tenth of what she does for me, I'll be thrilled.

Now I know that some people think that people you meet online aren't "real" friends, but my best friend is somebody I met online, and she is as real as it gets. I'm not sure what I did to deserve a great friend like her, but I'm sure glad I did, whatever it was.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.