Friday, October 15, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day Eight

Day 08: Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
(Refer to: Intro, Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7)


This is a lot like the 'somebody you have to forgive' post, because if I were to post about the ones who really did treat me like shit, they could read it, and it would probably wind up a huge mess. And honestly (since this is about truth and all), I don't want to go into that. No, it isn't my ex-husband, because he didn't make my life hell. So I'm going to opt for posting about somebody who treated me like shit, and (briefly) made my life hell.

I was a cashier for a large office supply store, and of course that means I worked with a lot of money. Now, I've always prided myself on having my drawers come up either exact, or extremely close to exact. So one day I come in and find out my drawer had been EXACTLY $100 short! Sure, it *could have* been an error where I gave out $100 too much, but since I rarely had to give change in that large of an amount, that would be pretty difficult to buy. So, I'll try harder not to screw up, although I don't think I did. To my surprise, it happened again! Well, they sent me home while they did recounting, blah blah, and I knew that meant I was getting fired. I had up until then enjoyed the job with the exception of two supervisors who were quite unpleasant, but that's the way it can be anywhere.

In order to keep making money, I went off and found another job, which didn't pay as much, but was in a pet store, much more my area. Now you may be wondering what the shitty part is in all this. I shall tell you. A few of the folks I worked with stopped into the pet store, and asked if I'd heard the news. I had no idea what they meant, so they told me all about it. Seems these supervisors that were so unpleasant were also dishonest. They'd been arrested at work because they were skimming off the top of tills, a hundred or two hundred from each till. Apparently over the course of a couple years, they'd gotten away with several hundred. So not only did they treat me like shit, but all the other people who had to deal with accusations of theft, and/or huge mistakes in their drawers.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.