Saturday, October 16, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day Nine

Day 09: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
(Refer to: Intro, Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8)


Oh finally, one that is just outright easy! I can't really take a tough path on this one, because there just isn't one. You see, when I joined the army (didn't know THAT about me, did you?), and got to Basic, I made one close friend there. Theresa. And we got really close, and stayed that way. Both of us washed out (not dishonorable, but physically unable to make it into Basic, and therefore into the Army), and we were basically together for the whole month we were there. We exchanged addresses, and stayed in touch pretty well for the firs few years, but then we drifted. I'm going to say that I probably drifted first (because I'm bad at that, or good at that, however you want to put it), but the fact is, it doesn't matter who did, just that it happened.

Of course, this was before the age of the internet so we couldn't keep in touch in 'real time' online like somebody can do now. I'd like to think that if we could have, we wouldn't have lost touch, and might be good friends even today. Of course, that could just be a bunch of bullshit that I think to make myself feel better, but I'm okay with that. Regardless, that is my someone that I didn't want to let go. There are plenty of others that I've drifted apart from (heck, that's probably one of the big reasons my ex and I divorced, we just weren't meant to be forever), but that's the one that makes me the most nostalgic.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.