Wednesday, October 27, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day Twenty

Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol.
(Refer to: Intro, Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 9, Day 10, Day 11, Day 12, Day 13, Day 14, Day 15, Day 16, Day 17, Day 18, Day 19)


I think this is going to be a situation where "It depends." will fit in quite well. I have no issue with drugs (and alcohol is one) in general, and I feel it's a personal choice whether or not to partake of them. I do feel that they are probably too restricted in the sense that so many laws are on the books about them. Regardless of laws, I do think that drugs have their place, and used in moderation, can be a good thing. I'm not talking about prescription drugs here, those are a whole different ball of wax.

Right now, I'm about as clean as can be, mostly because I'm not all that interested in altering my mind, and partly because the meds I'm on require me not to. But I'm only missing out on drinking in the sense that I have a drink or three a time or two a year. I did over-indulge when I was younger, but I guess I grew out of that stage (not grew up, totally different thing) and into something else. Whatever that is.

I feel that alchohol and drugs should be less taboo as far as discussion about them, and maybe the drinking age should be left up to the parents instead of the government. Taking away the bit of 'forbidden fruit' feeling of it might help, so long as there is also adequate education as well. I'm not going to say I never tried anything illegal, but I will say that for the most part? Totally not worth it. Maybe it's just my physiology, but I just can't say I got that much pleasure out of them. So if they were legal, I probably would have enjoyed even less.

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.