Sunday, November 7, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Day Thirty

Day 30: A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself
(Refer to: Intro, Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 9, Day 10, Day 11, Day 12, Day 13, Day 14, Day 15, Day 16, Day 17, Day 18, Day 19, Day 20, Day 21, Day 22, Day 23, Day 24, Day 25, Day 26, Day 27, Day 28, Day 29)


You know, I think this is the hardest one of all, because it's really hard for me to think of things I love about myself. I mean, there are plenty of things I LIKE about me, but love? That's a whole different story. But, I'll try, and if this sounds cheesy, then so be it.

Dear Me,
I love that you are smart. I love your eyes. I love how much you can get into something, and enjoy it, even if you do always hold back a little. Music, animals, movies, cross stitching, books, food, nail polish, whatever it is, when you throw yourself into it, you really DO throw yourself into it. I love the color of your hair. I love how much you care about things. I love that you can get hurt and still be compassionate. I love how nice your nails look when they are painted all nice and pretty. I love that you can wear most any color (forget that summer/autumn/spring/winter crap!). I love how you get really focused on something and look all over to learn more about it, whatever it is. I love how well-shaped your legs are below the knee.

I'm sure there is plenty more that I love about you, but I'm finding it hard to articulate exactly what those things are. I do love how much you're thinking about this, and looking for things to love about yourself. The fact that you can do this after some of the things that have happened in the past is nothing short of miraculous. No matter what anybody tells you, you are special, and you are loved.
Love,
Me

0 burst into song!:

Post a Comment

Comments make me do the Happy Dance, so leave one and I'll sure answer as soon as I can.